Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reasons To Like January

As much as I hate winter and cold weather, I still like January. Why?
  • The end of "Holiday". Hey, I like Christmas as much as anybody, but after having it shoved down my throat from mid-October on, I'm over it by December 26, and ready to stick a fork in it by January 1.
  • The NFL playoffs!
  • New Years Day is a great day to just sit around doing nothing, or something you like, if you're lucky enough to have the day off. Today, I cooked a pork loin on my Weber smoker.
  • The NFL playoffs! 
  • The new year gives us a sense of a clean slate, time to think of new things to do (or old things to stop doing). Don't torture yourself with New Years resolutions. Just take a mental inventory and re-group.

Did I mention the NFL playoffs?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

deciminyan said...

One of my favorite things to do on New Year's Day is to overdose on episodes of The Twilight Zone on the SyFy Channel. Many of these episodes present fantasy-like alternative universes that are more plausible than the one perpetrated by the Republic Tea Party.